The installation process requires 212°F (100°C) boiling water, or a heat gun to ensure correct fit. High elevation areas must use a heat gun.
Watch Pro NLL player, Kiel Matisz, install a Sniper Skin grip
STEP 1: CUSTOMIZE GRIP PROFILE
Create your own grip preference with the top ring and foam tape included in the package, or install Sniper Skin right over your existing grip.
Wrap foam tape around the shaft up to 9" (23cm) from the end.
STEP 2: POSITION ON SHAFT
- Slide the sleeve onto the stick.
- Rotate the logo/text as desired.
- Leave 1/2in of skin sticking out past the endo. (A helpful way to measure this is using a water bottle cap - especially for boiling water installations).
STEP 3: FORM GRIP
Use at least a 1.5L electric kettle (water must be rapidly boiling with a temperature above 100°C/212°F) or a 1500W heat gun.
- Position the stick handle-side down in a sink.
- With your non-pouring hand positioned on the basket, keep the stick standing straight up and resting on the water bottle cap.
- As soon as the water has boiled, pour water into the sleeve and watch the Sniper Skin shrink!
- Continue pouring water until the kettle/pot is empty.
- Cool off with cold water.
- Stand the stick upright and begin rotating the stick.
- Hold the gun 6" from the Sniper Skin.
- Starting at the bottom of the grip, apply heat until the entire base has shrunk tightly to the shaft.
- Continue rotating the grip and slowly move the heat up towards the unshrunk region until the grip has completely shrunk to the stick.
- Becareful not to overheat/melt the grip
STEP 4: TRIM OFF EXCESS MATERIAL
- Using Sharp Scissors, trim off the excess material.
- Reheat trimmed areas and press against a hard surface to create a smooth finish.
CAUTION: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK