Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does shipping cost and how long does it take?
Please note, personalized grips and accessories or customized product require 3-5 BUSINESS days to ship out. Team orders and Fundraisers, delivery will be discussed at time of order.
Shipping rates are determined by the product weight and destination. Our rates are listed below, shipping times vary by region:
- Canadian Shipping - Canada Post ship options are available at checkout including Free standard Shipping
- Allow up to 7 business days for standard shipping and 1-5 business days for tracked shipping depending on what service you choose
- US Shipping - tracked shipping is available starting at $6.50 over $19.99 and Canada Post offers various options at checkout, DHL Flat rate shipping is available starting at $10.00 (min order required) for 1-2 business days from ship date
- Allow up to 4-7 business days for tracked shipping depending on the service chosen
- DHL Express is now available for US & Europe
- European Shipping - Canada Post offers various options at checkout
- Shipping times may vary by location
- tracking information is available to monitor status of package
- Please refer to the Canada Post website for information on approximate shipping times for these services
- Please note, during Covid, these average times can vary by location, we appreciate your patience.
Please note for shipping outside of Canada, that all customs, duties, taxes, surcharges, brokerages, etc., are the responsibility of the customer. When delivery is attempted, you may be billed for these fees; these fees are independent of shipping charges and are charged by your local mail authority - not Sniper Skin. Please familiarize yourself with your country's import rules and regulations prior to ordering.
Orders that have been shipped that have incorrect addresses can take up to 30-45 additional days to be returned. Once returned, we will ship back out to you. Additional shipping charges may apply.
International returns on incorrect addresses can take much longer to return.
2. How do I install a Sniper Skin grip?
Sniper Skin installation is simple with boiling water or a 1500 watt heat gun. Check out our easy installation guides here.
3. My Sniper Skin didn't shrink properly! It feels too loose. How do I fix it?
To ensure you've installed your Sniper Skin properly, make sure you check out the installation videos here. Or follow the instructions with your packaging.
If your Sniper Skin is too loose, the water used during the installation was not hot enough. Try again and ensure you are following the steps below:
- Make sure the water is over 95 degrees Celsius
- For best installation, use an electric kettle with at least 1.5 L of water or a 1500 Watt heat gun (not a hair dryer)
- Pour the boiling water over the grip evenly from top to bottom - you may need more than one kettle of water (or pot) to form fit the entire grip, especially longer ones like bat grips, goalie and fishing
- A heat gun (NOT A HAIR DRYER) will also provide the proper installation for your Sniper Skin
- contact us if you are having trouble - please don't cut it off as we can't help at that point
If you buy something at a store and need to discuss it, you bring the product and the receipt to customer service. On line orders, we ask that you take a picture of the issue, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's review together to get you the best custom fit grip.
4. How long do Sniper Skin grips last?
Sniper Skin grips may last the regular season of play. Remember, store your equipment with care as skate blades, and other sharp objects can damage the grip. All products are covered under a 30 day warranty for defects under normal use.
Sniper Skin products are subject to natural wear and tear and results may vary per user.
5. Is Sniper Skin better than tape? Why should I try Sniper Skin?
Sniper Skin installs in seconds and is more durable than tape, meaning less time in the locker room and more time in the game
- Sniper Skin grips come with different accessories to customize the grip to your exact profile, providing you with comfort and a locked-in feel
- You can personalize your grip with different patterns, your name, player number, or logo (with approval) to stand out from the competition!
You can also read more about why you should make the change from tape in our blog.
6. Would you be willing to give me a sponsorship/free sample/discount?
We do not offer free samples, sponsorships, or discounts outside of regular promotions on our products. If you are interested in purchasing Sniper Skin, we do offer team deals as well as retailer packages.
7. What are your business hours?
As a family owned, family run business, we are parents too ~ that spend the weekends recharging, relaxing and let's face it, running the kids to various sporting events. We are open weekdays, Monday- Friday, 9am - 5 pm.
We will do our best to get back to you as soon as we can. Email us at email@example.com
8. What stores can I find Sniper Skin grips?
We are in over 120 stores in Canada and constantly expanding.
We have partnered with Fox 40 as our distributor and if you are interested in carrying Sniper Skin, click here for more information.